“Dr. Toy’s Best Children’s Products” Awards.
Dr. Toy’s Best Children’s Products Awards were developed by noted child development authority, Stevanne Auerbach, Ph.D. – Dr. Toy – as a service to consumers who want to purchase safe, affordable, educationally oriented, and stimulating toys and products for children. Dr Toy assists consumers to identify the most appropriate, engaging learning and developmental products.
Products are carefully selected from among many hundreds Dr. Auerbach reviews at toy fairs, catalogs and through many sources, and by using extensive criteria developed over many years (including safety, age-appropriateness, design, durability, play value, cultural and ethnic diversity, transition from home to school, educational value, learning skills, creativity, understanding community and world, good value for price, and, naturally, fun).
The winning products include innovative toys, games, books, videos, audiotapes, software/CD’s, DVD’s, crafts, socially responsible, high tech, and other innovative children’s products.
Dr. Toy’s Best Products Awards include:
• 100 Best – Most useful, outstanding new toys and products to promote activity, creativity and learning, fun and entertainment that build skills, and support social and emotional development. 100 Best — 8 Categories include:
1. 10 Best Active
2. 10 Best Audio – DVDs
3. 10 Best Creative
4. 10 Best Educational
5. 10 Best Games
6. 10 Best Socially-Responsible
7. 10 Best Technology (Software, CD Rom/High Tech), and
8. 10 Best Toys
• Best Classic — Outstanding toys, games, products available for ten years or more.
• Best Vacation – Products promote activity, creativity and learning; compliment children’s experiences after school and during vacations at home and on travel.
• Best Green — Eco friendly products and about or related to ecological issues.
• Best Picks – Products that extend beyond 100 Best that are valuable for learning, after school, and holidays.