The Best Advice on Children's Products
Bicycle Safety Tips
by Allan Goldscher, U-Bike Inventor, Bikes 'r' Us
Bicycling is a fun and healthy exercise. Before allowing your child to ride his or her bicycle on roadways, take the time to teach them the important safety rules. Many bicyclists are seriously injured in accidents because they are less protected than drivers of automobiles and/or they do not practice safe riding skills. Parents should always supervise and educate their children on bicycle safety. Below is a list of many important rules to follow.
- Wear a bike helmet at all times. The most serious bike injuries are to
- Try to keep your bike in good shape.
- Always let cars and people go first.
- Slow down and check traffic at all corners.
- Keep both hands on the handlebars except when doing turn signals.
- Walk across busy streets.
- Stay off busy streets.
- Don't stunt!
- Don't ride double!
- Don't hitch rides!
- Never go in and out of traffic!
- Never go between two cars!
- Don't leave your bike unlocked.
- Don't ride at night.
- Signal left or right turn.
- Signal slow or stop.
- Keep in one row.
- Keep to the right.
- Obey traffic signs.
Leave a Reply