Dr. Toy’s Smart Play/Smart Toys: How to Select and Use the Best Toys & GamesFourth Edition on Sale Now!
A child’s ability to play is more than fun and diversion; play is critical for his or her emotional, physical, creative, and intellectual growth, and teaches everything from social skills to critical thinking. For the developing mind, learning to play is paramount — but is your child getting the most from playtime? Learn to expand your child’s ability to be playful, and increase PQ.
Stevanne Auerbach, PhD, affectionately known as Dr. Toy, has dedicated a lifetime to the importance of play, and evaluating toys, games and children’s products. She offers special advice on which types of toys and games to buy for baby to older children and how to best use them. She also provides play pointers, child development principles, and many useful resources.
- How to be your child’s “Play Guide.”
- How play can strengthen confidence, maturity levels, and thinking.
- Benefits of play with toys, games, and many other objects to expand playfulness.
- Criteria for selecting the right playthings to match each child’s needs.
You’ll get practical advice:
- Evaluating toys and games to select those most beneficial.
- Supplies to always have available to encourage play.
- Selecting principles based on Dr. Toy’s Best Children’s Toys and Products.
- 200 invaluable suggested playtime activities for fun over a lifetime!
Stevanne Auerbach, PhD, author of 15 books, evaluates toys, games and children’s products for the original, popular, award-winning website, Dr. Toy’s Guide (this website).
Published by Regent Press, Berkeley, California
Distributed by Ingram and Baker & Taylor
Available online: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, et. al.
Customized Edition available:
Contact Mark Weiman, Regent Press, email@example.com 510-845-1196
Paperback / $19.95 / ISBN 978-1-58790-275-8
E-book / $9.95 / ISBN 978-1-58790